Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Getting at something

This mural stuck in my mind for days.. and it was actually 5 days after I took the photo that I decided I needed to write something about it. To acknowledge my curiosity I guess.

It brings the real to unreal, slowly... You kind of move into and out of a physical state.

The papers had handwriting on them. And the match hanging there, at first I thought it was a pencil. But later found more of these matches on other murals in the city where it was clear they were not pencils.

I'm not sure exactly what this says, but the girl's hand drips and it seems in sorrow she is sending mail to someone she misses. There might have been a line of others before and after her doing the same thing..

The dark bird stands there like a clerk, and has seen everyone who has come. He turns his head to not read their personal stories, because he already knows of the pains.

Maybe it is part of a recovery and grieving process. Maybe it is instructive for us all..




Mail To Post Office Portal

Met you with my camera
Clicked until it fit
What I had been hoping for
Found you there
Accepting letters
For who I do not know
For when I wouldn't know why
And how many times
Have the visitors come
To ask you how to cry
Take a match you say
Burn those letters...
Then See how you Are
And ask yourself Why
Have you come here

2 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Fascinating. I wonder if I would have noticed this if I walked by it. Thanks for sharing this.

--WT

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 4:40:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

Maybe the psychedelic portal would have mesmerized you and in fact you would have seen it without knowledge of seeing it.... O,o

:D

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 2:58:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment