Friday, February 18, 2011

Lyn & Steve's Excellent Adventure

My friend Lynford Morton and I made a photography day trip to NYC Tuesday. Lyn is also a photo tour leader (see his company, PhotoTourDC) and neither one of us has been out shooting just for our own pleasure lately. So I suggested a day-trip to NYC, to which Lyn readily agreed.

We drove to Hoboken to take some photos of the Manhattan skyline from the campus my alma mater, Stevens Institute of Technology. Before heading to Manhattan via the PATH train, we checked out the magnificent interior of the old train and ferry terminal.

Here, Lyn perched at the top of the staircase for a better view at the Erie-Lackawanna terminal in Hoboken.

After a pilgrimage to B&H Photo upon arrival in Manhattan, we went to Chinatown, Civic Center, walked across Brooklyn Bridge, and finally Empire-Fulton Park in Brooklyn as the sun sank over NY Harbor.

A great day!... more photos to come.

P.S. - if any FPCF-ers come this way, I'll be happy to serve as a photo tour guide to NYC if it's a weekend or a day that I can take off!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Nice location shot :).

I'd love to see more from your photo excursion. It's been many years since I've been to NYC.

--Warren

Friday, February 18, 2011 at 4:18:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment