Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Great Egret in Flight

Lumix DMC-GF1, Lumix 45-200mm

We went for a walk at Redwood Shores to take advantage of the summer-like weather last Sunday.

There were many shorebirds there including this Great Egret. I have some shots of this egret in a similar pose as the Great Blue Heron that I posted recently. Then the egret had enough of me stalking it and took off. I was not really prepared for its flight, but I was lucky to get this one shot of it in the air with its wings extended.

--Warren

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

hmmm, does this look a little too dark on your monitor?

also, i guess we don't have a project theme this month, so we'll probably skip it this month.

--Warren

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 at 8:51:00 AM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

well, nobody's home...

I thought it was too dark, so I adjusted it a bit, and reloaded a new version.

--WT

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 at 7:51:00 PM PST  
Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

This looks fantastic, Warren!

Not only amazing timing on your part, but it's a beautiful composition - the placement of the egret is great, and I love the curved divider between the black and the blue.

You've held detail in the whites of the egret beautifully.

White, aqua, and black - so simple and effective.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 8:01:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment