Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Park Activities

It happened to be sunny here in Seattle on Saturday --and by sunny, I mean not raining-- so I was out biking with my hubby. Felt like the beginning of a new year. Once the rain stops, we're good for many months.. :D

We stopped at a park and I had the opportunity to get two shots for our sports/action topic!

The first one: A father and two sons are playing catch with the football. They were having a picnic break and are preparing to bike to the next park, I heard them chatting. Two ladies and a man carrying a coffee, walking his dog, pass by. The man calls out to the father to toss the football to him. He's carrying a coffee, walking his small dog, and the water is behind him... I watched as he tried one time after another to catch a one-handed pass. Fail, Fail, Fail.. oh it was funny. They shared a few casual jokes on it as if they'd known each other. Finally he let one of the ladies have the dog and put his coffee down so that he could prove once and for all that he knows how to catch a football :) Success. The walkers continue. The father and sons pack up and bike on.

The second: some paddlers, hm.. I don't know what this sport is called. They stand on a board and paddle like a canoe. Nothing too entertaining here, I just liked the repetition of pairs: two paddlers, two clouds, two on the bench.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Both really nice shots, Lea. On the first one, I have a sense of being there on my bike, watching the action. On the second one, I like how the pair of paddlers are offset by the two people sitting on the bench. I just found this out recently, the sport is called SUP (Stand Up Paddle surfing), and originated in Hawaii.

--WT

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 9:21:00 AM PST  
Blogger dan in marin said...

Lea, I really like the bronze effect you have achieved, almost an antique effect. Very compelling and unusual.

Dan

Friday, January 28, 2011 at 11:03:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment