Saturday, July 17, 2010

Action Sports

This was my first attempt to capture action images and I have a new found respect for sports and wildlife photographers. I was using the canon 5d with a 300mm f4 with stabilization. Shooting with a shutter speed of 360 at f11 forced me into a relatively high iso of 1250 as the evening progressed. The pros I watched were using faster lenses and faster higher iso bodies. Of course they get paid and we just have fun. All in all this was really a great experience. The women on the course are all nationally ranked with some Olympians in the field.


The winner she really dominated the field.













Dan



2 Comments:

Blogger Lea said...

Wooo! Love these.. Cycling is such an *intense* sport! I enjoy watching them race. Such respect. And I always love peloton shots.. Especially liking your second and last shots here. I can hear the riders breaths and whiz of the wheels! :) Also a great third shot.. It really shows the cramped riding position.

Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 10:58:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dolph Brust said...

Dan,

I enjoy how you have captured the competitive nature of the sport through the faces of the riders. I like the shot of the "winner" where she knows that she is the best. The least picture shows the understanding of following the rider into front of you to reduce drag.

Really nice!

**Dolph

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 6:22:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment