Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Doing the Portraits.. on my phone! crazy.

I went to an Andy Warhol exhibit a few weeks ago at the Seattle Art Museum and, although I had heard of him before and read a little about his works and his life, I found the museum experience somehow SO MUCH more engaging. Since my visit, I have been on a makeshift Warhol Warpath.... He really liked the photo-booths at theme parks because it softened people's skin with so little effort. He was all about minimal effort with this and his silkscreens - repetition was simple, and the technology was easy. And I found out that there is an app on the iPhone called IncrediBooth which gives you this same experience (even minus the $4 per shoot!). I was playing around with it and another one called Diptic (reiterating our March 2010 diptych/triptych project with a new aspect) which allowed for a whole lot of "little effort" fun... and still working on this month's project --Portraits! So yes, there is a 'decreased quality of photo' due to the phone's camera but it is all part of the fun that Warhol inspires (in my mind anyway :). Enough caution notices now.... Here they are:






Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger dan in marin said...

Way cool. Kind of like using the Russian 35mm cameras. I am a big fan of Iphones and all of the apps. I will be posting some images of a professional bike race I attended and saw some of the pros photographers using apps on their Iphones for composition decisions.

Nice Lea

Dan

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 7:11:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Lea, very nice work! Your creativity is very refreshing :)

--Warren

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 5:00:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dolph Brust said...

A great effort in capturing the Warhol presentation. Some of us remember when he was the center of the art world. Very Nice Lea.....

**Dolph

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 5:00:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

Thanks for all the comments! @ Dan: That's pretty awesome the pros are using the iPhones too!! :) @ Warren: w00t! Glad you liked it! @ Dolph: I wish I had a time-machine...

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 6:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ted M said...

Lea, these are great! The first one has great vintage looking colors. I like the 2nd one with 4 verticals, those are the formats I most remember from the machines we used as kids. Great shots!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 9:22:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

Thanks Ted! :)

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 2:56:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment