Wednesday, February 10, 2010

1st Roll through Mamiya 7ii







Took the Mamiya RF up on Mt. Tamalpais on a showery day. Shot one roll of Fuji 400 and one roll of Illford Delta 400. Warren asked me to review the camera, and since this is the first time I have used a medium format as well as a range finder, I think I should hold off for a bit. With that said, it is extremely easy to use and very comfortable. I don't know, but these images on a misty day seem to have a high degree of dynamic range and contrast.






Dan

5 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Very nice! Yeah, dynamic range and resolution is where MF will stand out, IMO.

The image on the right seems "scrunched" horizontally, or maybe I'm just imagining things.

--WT

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 10:41:00 PM PST  
Blogger dan in marin said...

Warren, your eyes are something special. The image that was "scrunched" had a scanning problem that required me to crop. So I rescanned and you are right it looks more proportional.

Dan

Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 10:40:00 PM PST  
Blogger Dolph Brust said...

Dan,

Thanks for the pictures. I remember the days in HMB that had the same overcast / foggy days. I think you captured the feeling, I can feel the cool breeze all the way down here in warm humid florida.

**Dolph

Friday, February 12, 2010 at 7:37:00 PM PST  
Blogger Lea said...

These look so great!~! Very refreshing views. I love the fog in there ..... The first pic is my fav. The rich greens and the road winding through the hills is awesome :)

Friday, February 12, 2010 at 11:42:00 PM PST  
Blogger Eric said...

Dan, I really enjoy the image on the left - the road in the hills. It immediately made my mind wander and imagine that I was driving in the mountains. The photo sure did it's job!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 6:58:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment