Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Garage Door Abstract

Nikon D100, Nikkor 85mm f1.8D

I was attracted to the subtle colors and curves reflected off of this stainless steel garage door in Pacific Heights. The modern architecture of this house is in very stark contrast to the many Victorian, Edwardian and Neo-Classic houses on the block. I have another shot of the neighboring houses reflected off of the shiny stone (marble?) front of the house. I was working with the reflections from those houses when I noticed that the irregularities in the steel surface produced some interesting patterns.

--Warren

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

I really like the two constrasts:
(1) between the curvy reflections and the rectilinear lines of the door.
(2) between the nice pastels of the reflections and the "no-color" of the door.

Very cool! Hope you keep shooting this door (or ones like it) in different lighting

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 7:56:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

i think this is just beautiful! it's like melting candy... moulding into squares of scrumptious unique flavourful colours being sliced and ready to wrap. mmm! metalic reflective flavor maybe... but nontheless delicious :)

Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 3:10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

Lea, that's it! Melting candy! I couldn't think of an analogy, but your is wonderful :-)

Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 5:39:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Thanks for the great comments! I edited the post to correct my lens information. I had forgotten that I decided to just shoot with the 85mm lens exclusively that day. I have a few more pictures from that day to post here.

--WT

Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 7:05:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment