Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Cherry Blossom Festival Picture Hunter

Bessa R, 50mm f2 Jupiter-8, Fuji Superia 400

This is not a fantastic picture, but the story is fun, anway :).

I saw this photographer using a Canon dslr with a HUGE telephoto lens, so I decided to take a picture of him. He reminded me of a hunter with a rifle stalking prey. As it turned out, I think he was aiming at me, or someone next to me. After we both took our shots, he came over to say "Hi" and he made a friendly comment about my Voigtlander Bessa R rangefinder camera. 

Incidentally, this roll was to test my theory that the annoying light leak in this camera was due to the film canister viewing window on the film back. I was right, because I taped over the window with some black electrical tape, and I didn't get the light leak at all for the entire roll of film this time.

--Warren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment