Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Muni Pier at Aquatic Park

Nikon FM, 50mm f1.8 AI, Kodak Max 400

Eric and I went out for a photo shoot on Thanksgiving Day. We started at Fort Mason and ended up at Aquatic Park where we had a coffee at Ghirardelli Square. It was a lot of fun. I was testing two newly acquired film cameras, a chrome Nikon FM with a Nikkor 50mm f1.8 lens, and a Pentax Program-A with a Pentax 50mm f1.4 SMC-M series lens and Tamron 28mm f2.5 Adaptall-2 in Pentax K-mount.

I know I warned against it before, but again, I used some expired film, this time it was Kodak Max 400 which is better than the horrible roll of MAX 800 that I used previously in the Canon T70. I set my FM's ISO dial to 320 and the Pentax was using 400. After seeing the results, I should have rated both at ISO 200 because the old film most likely lost some of its sensitivity. The roll in the FM turned out a little better because of the slightly increased exposure.

This picture was taken with the Nikon, and it turned out okay despite the badly outdated film and horrible digitizing by Walgreens. As we walked around the municipal fishing pier, everything was gray due to the overcast skies. I spotted a couple of splashes of color in the hulls of the two boats anchored in the harbor. I pointed this out to Eric, and we both took some shots of this scene. I shot it with both my cameras.

--Warren

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

Hi Warren,

I really like this one! The way the water disappears into the horizon is very cool, and they way you picked a scene with almost no color, the two spots of color in the boat hulls really pop out!

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 8:20:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment