Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kitty (or Gilligan)

This is our cat Kitty, who is about 14 months old. The kids have always called him Kitty, because the shelter we got him from at a few weeks of age called him Gilligan, but the kids haven't seen Gilligan's Island, except for some youtube clips. This was taken with a Yashica GSN at f1.7 or f2 with Fuji 400 film.

I'm sure that whatever kits Warren takes on his trip, he'll return with awesome professional quality photos, but I was thinking about what I'd take, and I think I'd like the novel of a fast lens on full frame for possible low light or shallow DOF opportunities.

Was searching my files for a quick Noctilux f1 or Summilux 75/1.4 photo for you but came across this one first!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Ted :). I've been following your many photos of Kitty. It's possible to achieve shallow DOF shots using a dslr @ 1.5x crop factor, here's an example from when I first purchased my Nikkor 85mm f1.8D lens:

http://fpcf.blogspot.com/2004/12/easy-relaxing-on-office-chair-nikon.html

--WT

Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 8:25:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment