Monday, September 15, 2008

Governors Island

Governors Island FerrySandy and I spent a great two days in New York City this weekend, seeing Mama Mia! on Broadway and doing some sightseeing.

I'll have many more photos and, of course, lots to gab about, when I have some more time later this week.

But meanwhile, if you're visiting New York on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday between now and October 12th, be sure to consider a trip to Governors Island, a former military reservation just off the tip of lower Manhattan that's now a great venue for picknicking and sightseeing.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

That's a fun shot, Steve. I like the contrast between the people and the buildings in the background.

Eric

Monday, September 15, 2008 at 9:45:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Eric beat me to the comment :).

I like the grouping of sightseers in the foreground with the group of buildings in the background. It's a fun shot. What are the folks looking at, a bridge? Statue of Liberty? A UFO?

The interesting cloud pattern adds some drama.

--Warren

Monday, September 15, 2008 at 10:56:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment