Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chihuly at the De Young Museum

Canon A570IS, 1/13 f3.2 ISO 200
We went to see the Chihuly art exhibit at the De Young Museum last weekend. This is one of many shots that I took. It was a challenge to get the right angle and to avoid the throngs of people who were also there to see the amazing glass work. Flash photography was not allowed, so I feel that I brought the right tool for the task. The image stabilization really came in handy in this situation. These are glass orbs in a real boat. 
--Warren

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

This is an awesome photo! Yeah, that IS would have saved me in many situations ;-) - my A620 doesn't have it, and I often get the dreaded "red shaking camera" icon.

I'm a big believer in IS - I've found that the IS in the 18-55mm lens that came with my new XSi is *very* useful - really works well.

Friday, September 12, 2008 at 6:09:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Thanks Steve!

I noticed that I've been mentioning IS a lot here, and it's simply because I'm also very excited about the technology. I mean, when an entry level, <$150 P&S digicam can help produce images like this, you just have to get excited about it, don't you? :)

--WT

Friday, September 12, 2008 at 12:25:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment