Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Outer Limits or Forbidden Planet??



There is a temporary sculpture on Octavia St. in SF. It reminded me of the sci-fi pics I saw as a kid. It could've been something out of The Outer Limits or Forbidden Planet. If you are around 50, you may remember these. The Outer Limits was a classic sci-fi series that made you think (and sometimes scared you out of your pants), and Forbidden Planet was a movie starring Walter Pidgeon and Anne Francis. Hope you have fun with these photos.
-- Eric










Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

That is a really bizarre looking sculpture. I wonder if it's the same artist that created the huge temporary sculptures at the Embarcadero?

These shots are show excellent usage of a wide angle perspective to capture the immense sculpture along with its surroundings.

I like the B&W shot because it looks like the creature is about to devour the apartment building :).

--WT

Monday, July 21, 2008 at 11:33:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Eric said...

Thx. And you're right, it is a very bizarre sculpture. It really reminded me of sc-fi movies I saw as a kid. I had a lot of fun shooting these.

Monday, July 21, 2008 at 1:11:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

WOW that's amazing! I love these :D
..really awesome!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 9:09:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Eric said...

Thank you, Lea. The sculptor did a very interesting job. I don't know if you know the group Genesis from the days of Peter Gabriel (the 70's). This monster reminds of an old song the did called, "Return of the Giant Hogweed." The sculptor did his/her job. The piece made me think, imagine, and have fun. Good artist if you ask me.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 at 6:32:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment