Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Rare Picture by Jill, Our Resident Artist



Nikon N65, Nikon 28-85mm AFD

Please excuse the awful scan job. I scanned this on my flatbed scanner from a 4x6 print that Jill sent to me.

I told her that it was a great picture, and that I was going to post it to the forum. I believe this Egret was seen and photographed at Stow Lake. Jill will have to confirm when she comes online one of these days.

As you'll recall, Martin and I both took pictures of a bird that I think we erroneously called a crane when in fact, it was probably an egret like this one. Our pictures were posted 2 years apart, and here is Jill's version shot another two years from the last one!

If you do a search for "crane", you'll see the other pictures. Interestingly, all three pictures were taken with film cameras. This morning, I saw Martin in Golden Gate Park and he tells me that he is now stalking birds with his new Canon DSLR.

--Warren

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger martin said...

Nice shot. I like the green vegetation and the bird's reflection. Looks like you used flash. It works in this case. I'd crop the top of the frame a little.

Saturday, July 12, 2008 at 7:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

Very interesting.. both the photo and the post regarding egrets. I've never even heard of an egret! The reflections are really nice, especially the super green grass. I also like how the reflections are in the background as well as the foreground.

Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 9:09:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Warren, any EGRETS about misidentifying the bird earlier?

I like this shot--nice how some things are reflected in the water and some are not. The vivid colors--especially the blades of green--really stand out against the dark water.

KW

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 3:37:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

LOL, good one, KW. Have used your D40 more lately?

--WT

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 5:12:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment