Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Alaska, at last


I finally have an opportunity to share some photos from our Alaskan cruise this past summer. These 3 photos are from a photography excursion my wife signed me up for. We were on a small boat sailing out of Auke Bay in Juneau. We went out looking for whales and other wildlife. We saw a lot of eagles and just a few whales. The whales were fairly challenging to take since we could not get in too close. I had my Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8 which helped but it would have been even better with a 100-400mm or more.












Here is a shot of an eagle taking off from a buoy occupied by seals. It was amazing to see so many eagles flying around in the wild.


2 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Very cool shots, Benson!

The eagle picture is spectacular.

--WT

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 at 8:38:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

Great photos!! I really like the eagle & seals shot! Everyone is alert except that dozey seal on the right ;) lol..

Saturday, September 15, 2007 at 12:07:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment