Monday, August 27, 2007

Falls, Kings Canyon NP, California

Nikon D100, Tamron 24-135mm

Hi Everyone,

I am asking for some feedback for this image. Please study this shot for a while. I would appreciate if you would tell me what emotions or feelings that it invokes from you. It's perfectly fine and okay if you tell me that it does not invoke any feeling at all. I would also like to invite you to suggest an appropriate title for this.

If you want to, you can also give me a "real" critique if you feel up to it.

On another subject, we are closing in our THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! We are up to 982 posts and counting! I wonder if we'll make it to 1000 posts by our anniversary?

I want to thank everyone for joining me in the fun. As always, I would appreciate any ideas for some fun or challenging themes to photograph. If you suggest something, you are obligated to participate!

If you can please drop a comment here to let us know that you're still around, and let us know what you're up to, both photographically, and just in general.

If you are just visiting, please drop us a line just to say "hi", if nothing else.

--Warren

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

Hi Warren,

It's a beautiful composition, beautifully executed in dramatic, contrasting dark tones of the rock and very light tones of the falling water.

The emotion I immediately experienced was, "Wow!" - awe- both of the natural beauty of the scene and your ability to capture it.

best regards,
SteveR

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 5:15:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

Great pic! High energy. First impression was imagining being there and hearing the water splashing on the rocks as it makes its way down. Must've been a great place to be! :)

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 12:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Benson said...

I like the contrast between the black and white. Also the shutter speed was a nice compromise with some stop motion and some blurring of the faster moving water. Very dramatic with both of these elements in there.

Sorry for staying off the blog for so long. I promise to post some stuff once I have a chance. I have some stuff from our Alaskan cruise and a recent camping trip to Yosemite I would love to share with the group.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 1:59:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment