Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Found Pattern

Pratt Street Tree Grate - Baltimore, MDYes, it's a found pattern, but is it worth anything as a photographic image?

I really liked it when I saw it on the LCD of my Canon A620 digicam. I think I still like it, but I'm not so sure anymore.

I'd appreciate any of your thoughts.

By the way, this is the corner of a metal tree grate within a nicely-paved stretch of East Pratt Street in Baltimore. I was inspired a few years ago to look for photos like this by Carl Root's rust and paint folder on Photo.net. You should check out all of Carl's amazing photo.net photos here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

It works for me :).

The strong colors and patterns initially attract the eye, then upon closer examination, you can see what it really is because you start to recognize the stuff lying underneath the grate.

cool!

BTW, a lot of your abstract work really reminds me of Root's stuff.

--WT

Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 7:38:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

>>BTW, a lot of your abstract work really reminds me of Root's stuff.
<<

Yeah, he copies off me all the time! ;-)

Nah, just kidding -- I stumbled across his work on photo.net more than 5 years ago, when I was just starting out doing color photography with my first digicam, a 2MP Canon A40. His photos deeply impressed and influenced me - and you saw it immediately ;-)

Friday, June 27, 2008 at 12:23:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment