Wednesday, November 29, 2006

ShadowMan


An impromptu self-portrait. I was raking leaves when I spotted a "Walking Stick" (an insect that looks like a twig) on the stucco wall of our house. After taking a few photos, I noticed my shadow looked interesting against the texture of the brightly-lit wall.

I'm holding my Canon A620 digicam - it has a nifty twisty-flexy viewscreen, and the way I'm holding it reminds me of the way press photographers used Rollieflexes to shoot over the heads of crowds in the '40s and '50s.

1 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

I like the texture of the wall in this shot.

Did we do one of those east coast/west coast simultaneous ideas again? :)

this reminds me of the 2nd picture on this post: http://fpcf.blogspot.com/2006/11/leaves-and-striders.html

--WT

Thursday, November 30, 2006 at 6:55:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment