Thursday, September 28, 2006

relaxing biker in pacifica


This is from the same roll as Warren's pacifica photos on the leica with 50mm lens and 400 film. We had traded back cameras and were walking towards the car, and I backed off the walking/biking trail to grab this shot.

This photo is a collaborative photo with Warren. My shot was wider, and very much needed the cropping and color corrections and vertical framing that Warren applied.

On the left -- the cement piece sticking out in the distance is the edge of the Pacifica pier where many folks were fishing, but not catching much.

Something about this photo reminds me of something, but I can't place it. Maybe it was another photo, but I think it may have been a movie, or tv show that I've seen with a similar setting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Interesting photo. It looks as if the woman is sitting in front of a blue wall. If I had not known it was the ocean in the back, I would be wondering if the wall was blue or if it was the ocean in the back.

Eric

Thursday, September 28, 2006 at 11:16:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

When I first saw this image, I liked the three distinct horizontal bands of color: the pale blue sky, the vivid blue water, and the detailed gray walkway. Ted said that he didn't even realize that the horizon was lined up perfectly with the top of the railing. I prefer to think that this was due to instinct (on a subconcious level) :).

It was really fun collaborating with Ted on a couple of his photos.

--Warren

Friday, September 29, 2006 at 2:16:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment