Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Strolling Beach Blvd. with Ted's Leica

Leica M4-P, Hexanon 50mm f2, 400 color print film.

These shots went through a roundabout route to get to the forum. Shot on Walgreens 400 film, processed at Longs and transferred to CD, emailed to me, Photoshopped, then uploaded to the forum.

At one point on our photo shoot, Ted and I switched cameras. He used my D100 while I tried out his Leica M4-P (drool :))The last time I used a Leica was when Martin lent me his Leica M2 many years ago. I enjoyed shooting with the M4-P. It felt like a precision instrument. It was heavier and much more solid than my own current rf cameras (Bessa and various FSU Rf cameras). The shutter snapped with a very vibration free and almost imperceptible "click". It was a pleasure to use.

Hmmm... must...fight...GAS...Attack... :)

--Warren

Pics from the Leica:

Interesting street light and bench design:



Unusual color for a hydrant:



Is this 1965 or 2006? I converted this shot to B&W for a vintage flavor:



I pre-focused and waited for this girl to ride into the viewfinder before I snapped the shutter (rather than follow her with the camera and look like a perv :) ):

1 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Ted,

That Hexanon is realy snappy! I like it a lot.

--Warren

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 at 6:13:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment