Wednesday, September 27, 2006

New Contributing Member: TedM !!!

Hi Folks,

I am very pleased to announce that TedM has decided to join FPCF! Please join me in welcoming him to our forum.

--Warren

Following is Ted's self-written intro/bio:

--------------------------------------------------

The category that probably best describes my level in photography right now is "happy snapper" ;) I buy my film at Walgreens when there are sales, and have my film processed at Longs, and make prints and enlargements at either Walgreens or Costco.

I was interested in photography since sometime in the '70s, and had a box camera, maybe a 'brownie', then later Instamatics, 110, etc. I got an SLR in college when I took my first photo class and since then have been shooting 35mm, occasionally doing my own b&w developing and prints with some very long lapses...

In 1995 I purchased a digital camera in Tokyo, and have since gone through several, as well as various film SLR's and lens kits, and recently to rangefinders where I was fortunate to meet Warren on a forum that discusses these, and collaborate on some images with him, and meet up with him for a fun photo shoot.

I never learned color lab processing, or serious digital photo manipulation, but realize I probably should, especially after seeing what Warren has been able to do with Photoshop or whatever on a couple of my photo captures.

TedM
---------------------------------------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Welcome Ted! Hope you like participating. Participating on such a website really helps in improving skills. You can't help it just by reading comments and seeing what others do. It gives you ideas and you test them out. I like to use both film and digital photography myself. They're both a lot of fun.

Welcome and shoot on!

Eric

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 at 8:57:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Dolph Brust said...

Welcome to the group. I look forward to seeing some of your work.


From a part time contributor!

Dolph

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 at 9:47:00 AM PDT  
Blogger SteveR said...

Hi Ted - welcome!

Before I switched completely to digital, I proudly used what I refered to as "rot-gut Fuji" color film (the ISO 100 print film that you can often get for less than a buck a roll) and Rite-Aid processing. So I'm totally with you on the Walgreens/Costco approach :-)

For a good (and totally free!) intro to having a way of improving your digital images, download Picassa from Google.com It lets you do a lot of manipulation, including cropping, straightening, lighten, darken, saturation, sharpening and a number of other special effects. I'm amazed at how useful it is. Later on, if you find you want more control, you can move on to Photoshop Elements, PaintShop Pro, etc.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 at 4:40:00 PM PDT  
Blogger tedm said...

Thanks all. I do have Picassa, and an older version of PSP (7 or 8?) which I've used for basic resizing.

I think I will start with Picassa and try some of the features in it. Maybe I will have something to upload by the weekend or so.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 at 6:21:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment