Monday, April 17, 2006

Further Images of Small Town America

I wanted to show you guys the downtown area of Natick, MA. The area you see now is the commons in the middle of town. The monument in the middle was built as a memorial to the Civil War vets. Natick is about 20 miles west of Boston, next to Wellesley (but definitely not as rich). When I was growing up, it was a pretty small place with about 16,000 people. It still is small, but with the advent of the computer industry in the early 80's, the place grew. I now experience traffic jams. Imagine that.









This is another view of the commons in beautiful downtown Natick. In the background is a large Methodist church. I suppose I could've shot these photos in color, but shooting them in b&w gave it a more old-fashioned look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment