Thursday, April 27, 2006

Don't Know How Lucky You Are, Boy...

Tovarisch Stoisha - Krasnaya ArmiyaOK, I couldn't resist after Eric mentioned May Day!

Here is a portrait of me when I was known as Comrade Stoisha, back in my Glorious Commie Camera days.

I'm going to try hard this weekend to mark the occassion of May Day by putting actual film into one of my actual film (Commie) cameras and talking some non-digital photos.

My plan is to use my little digital camera the way the pros used to use "Polaroid backs" in the old days - to set up and evaluation the shot, then take it using film.

BTW, that was my original thought on the way I'd be using our first digital camera, a Canon A40 2MP P&S model that we bought in Sep 2002. I used it that way for about 2 days, until I found that it actually made very good images on its own.

3 Comments:

Blogger SteveR said...

I forgot to add this link - an MP3 file to help get in the mood for May Day:

http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~makarov/temporary_url_20051216rpszw/anthem-sovietunion-1977.mp3

Thursday, April 27, 2006 at 6:18:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

That's a hilarious picture, comrade Steve. :)

I look forward to seeing the glorious pictue from your Commie camera! Which one will you be using, the Kiev 4?

We're leaving for a 2 night trip up to Sonoma with some friends (Eric will be there too).

We're coming back on Sunday, but then we're leaving again on Tuesday morning for an extended road trip. I won't have time to be online much, but I'll try to hook up occasionally, and maybe post something along the way.

--Warren

Thursday, April 27, 2006 at 8:27:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Eric said...

Comrade! Great photo! Man, you make me want to post my face on a Mao poster or something. "Communism sweeps the world", next on NPR.

Eric

Monday, May 1, 2006 at 1:40:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment