Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Trailside Portrait -- Andrew & Dad


Voigtlander Bessa R, Jupiter-8 50mm f2, Tri-X

Finally!!! I got my Nikon Coolscan LS-30 film scanner working again! I abandoned trying to use the NikonScan software and instead, purchased Vuescan which works beautifully. I have a ton of Tri-X shots that are waiting to be scanned and posted, and this is the first one of the bunch.

Gail and I went for a hike at Huddart Park in San Mateo, and we crossed paths on a wooded trail with this cute little boy and his father. I was shooting my Bessa rangefinder with my Russian 50mm f2 (Jupiter 8). As I mentioned before, I really like the characteristics of this lens.

--Warren

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Great photo, man. The characteristics of the lens may be good, but it's not half as important as the user behind the lens. Good shot.

Eric

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 at 3:49:00 PM PDT  
Blogger SteveR said...

I like it! The way you got sort of a "V" shape of the two heads is great. The bokeh of that Glorious Commie Lens is very nice

-- SteveR

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 at 7:11:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment