Monday, April 17, 2006

A Chinese Laundry


The Lee Family owned this laundry in Natick. Some of you may know my friend, Victor Lee, but it was a different Lee family. This was a real old time family and how they decided upon Natick in which to settle is beyond me. I never knew Mr. Lee for he died long before I was born, but I knew Mrs. Lee and she was a great person. When my grandmother came to the house (from Boston), Mrs. Lee either came by or we took my grandma to see Mrs. Lee. It was really neat to sit and listen to them talk. During the Lunar New Year, Mrs. Lee would also bring us all kinds of goodies, too. She's long gone now, and her daughter runs the laundry. This is a true bit of Americana. I never really thought much about it until this posting, but places such as this are what helped shape America.

4 Comments:

Blogger SteveR said...

Hi Eric - A really nice photo that shows the feel of the area. The way you got the "positive and negative" effect of the sign on the window and it's shadow on the curtain is *very cool*!!

-- SteveR

Friday, April 21, 2006 at 5:25:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Eric said...

Hi Steve:

Thx. I was hoping something would catch the feel of the place.

Eric

Saturday, April 22, 2006 at 7:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

The picture is nice, and thought provoking, and I also like the sign's shadow on the curtain. But the real cool thing is the personal story that went with the picture.

--WT

Monday, April 24, 2006 at 4:56:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Eric said...

Warren - Glad you liked the personal story. That's my favorite part, too. Lee Po was a really nice person.

Eric

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 at 3:01:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment