Monday, February 13, 2006

Dragons Galore

We have not been to a Chinese New Year Parade in many years. There seem to be a LOT more dragons in the parade than I remember from years past.

For this year, I decided to bring my D100 with just one lens, the 85mm f1.8D. I also brought my Bessa RF loaded with some ISO 400 color print film. I was hoping to be able to shoot some available light stuff, but there was not enough light available after the sun went down :).

I tried bumping up the ISO on the D100 for the initial shots, but I didn't like the noise levels. Over the course of the parade, I played with various ISO and exposure settings. Luckily by the time GUM LUNG (golden dragon) came by as the grand finale, I had my settings pretty much worked out.

--Warren

Pictures follow:






GUM LUNG is the traditional grand finale at the end of the parade:



2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Great stuff!

Monday, February 13, 2006 at 5:28:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Commendable efforts with good pay-off! I give the highest score to picture #3 given the similiar amusing mouth-opening expression of both the Dragon and the lead dancer.
PAT

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 at 5:43:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment