Saturday, February 11, 2006

An Old Brick Building


Last Sunday, I returned to the old army warehouse at Crissy Field to see what I could see. Again, it was a bright day. The weather was beautiful.

I really enjoy looking at the shapes and patterns that buildings make. Good designers can create not only outstanding buildings, but some beautiful living areas. I need to travel to Marin sometime to go check out the city hall that Frank Lloyd Wright created. I heard it was very interesting. I don't know how well built it was, however. One example of some great design is San Francisco's Embarcadero. The designers and builders did one heck of an excellent job. The wave of urban improvement that began in Baltimore in the 80's and spread to Boston (like the Faneuil Hall Market Place) finally had it's impact on SF.

As I continue with my participation on this website, I am beginning to see things differently again. I used to see things differently, but as time went by, I lost it. It's probably because I didn't take so many photos. By just taking the time to take photos, you cannot help but start to see things differently.

Well, that's it.

Eric

1 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Eric, it's a two-way street. Your participation in this forum is greatly appreciated, and you've helped improve this forum by adding your own unique style to the mix. I'm surprised you've never made a trip up to the Marin city hall. I've been there a number of times, and the scale of the building makes photographing it a real challenge. If I find a shot worthy of posting, I'll do it. Incidentally, one of my recent pictures, the one of the ducks and the interesting reflections, was taken at the lake next to the Marin City Hall.

--Warren

Sunday, February 12, 2006 at 11:29:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment