Monday, March 24, 2014

Golf Cart Selfie - Forced Perspective Project














I really didn't think I was going to be able to contribute to the forced perspective project this month after failing a couple times and getting a little opposition to seize the moment in public.
Shot this yesterday while taking the In-Laws on a golf cart tour of the beach.
A little bit of thinking outside the box and blind luck I had a power walker on the turn.

Also the golf cart was very slow. =)

~Carl~

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lea said...

It can be intimidating to act very strange in public for these forced perspective attempts, I have to agree! :D I find shooting people that I do not know extremely intimidating, and it is much funner if you can find a volunteer friend. Because there are many attempts needed sometimes.

When I first tried the monthly Cartier-Bresson/photojournalist projects here at the forum, it felt like a huge fail for my attempts. But afterwards, I felt a lot more comfortable in public in general. It's worth it to try even if you're not immediately achieving what you were hoping for. Long story short, great job on getting one submitted! :D And there is still a week to try some more out.

Deviations from the classic Mr Bean head pinching can be effective. And don't worry, this will not -- i repeat -- will not happen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTvGk8Bhasg Promise.

Maybe try picking one specific style that you see repeated in these lists and websites devoted to force perspective, and go out and try that exactly. Copying the process, and not the image.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at 3:06:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment