Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Birds in Motion - Sunday at the Atlantic Pier





It started out as a sad day for photography when I realized that there were no clouds in the sky, it was colder than anticipated and everything was flat, even the color. Then I snapped out of it and realized I was in paradise and it is impossible to not always have subjects to shoot. So with my 11-17 Tokina lens I crawled on my belly through the sand to get close enough to the Flock of mystery sea gulls in order to capture the first shot. After that I found even the pigeons were wonderful models. Turned out to be a fantastic day for learning and getting some of my favorite bird photos.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

11-16mm Tokina -

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 6:42:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Lena said...

Nice action catch...

Lena,

Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 8:47:00 AM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

I like the feeling of motion in your shots. Very nice!

Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 5:50:00 PM PST  
Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

My favorite is the bottom one, Carl. I also like the tilt very much - I'd call it "Pelican with Attitude" ;-)

Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 7:31:00 PM PST  
Blogger Lea said...

I love the toes curled under in the third! Super cute :)

Friday, February 21, 2014 at 12:31:00 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the great comments!!

I am really glad you said that Steve. I wasn't sure if me leaning into my style with a tilt would make sense to someone with much sharper eye than mine.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 6:59:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment