Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Ringing in the New Year # Strangers Project


Maggie from Toronto










Ricardo's family & Friends

I hope to see them again.


 


Hugo - From Miami








Anthony or Elvis depending on when you talk to him.










I had my camera in a bag in my buddies hotel room collecting dust  because carrying my Nikon D7000 and an SB700 flash. Taking photos of strangers on New Years was better as a great thought then actually getting the guts to follow through. But after running to the oversized Christmas tree 7 times to take photos of people with their own phones because they couldn't get their significant others in the frame and then getting ditched at 11:30 by my buddy, sparked me to grab my camera and strap up for humility and a little one on one. What I found were amazing subjects, gracious hosts and possibly a couple new friends. One step into street photography and no regrets.

Edited in Lightroom


~Carl~

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, yea... I used my Nikkor f1.8 85MM

~Carl~

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 8:36:00 PM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

I enjoyed these pictures and the write-up a lot. Numbers 3,5, and 6 are especially nice, Carl.

--Warren

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 11:34:00 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...


Thanks Warren!

I am really hoping to start running with an open heart when photographing strangers. I completely understand why someone would be intrigued in getting a camera you look down into instead of directly at your subject. My DSLR feels like I am aiming a missile turret at someones face.... It also doesn't make it simple to strike up a conversation when they are looking at your camera in fright before getting to know you. Wow... What a perspective changer.


~Carl~

Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 7:56:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Lena said...

Wonderful ! very nice portraits shot, great photograph technique...:-)

Lena,

Friday, January 10, 2014 at 10:59:00 PM PST  
Blogger Lea said...

Strangers no longer ;) Great post! The 5th one feels like from a movie. Looking forward to seeing who else you meet with the camera.

Saturday, January 11, 2014 at 9:37:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment