Sunday, October 20, 2013

JIM & HIS GUITAR



Nikon D7000
Tokina 11-16mm

Went to the Palmetto Park Road beach yesterday for the first time and met Jim & his guitar. Jim played to know one and yet attracted the attention of anyone passing by in ears length of his song. It took a while for me to be able to ask if it was ok to take his picture simply because his eyes were closed most of the time. Glad I did and he was very thankful after receiving it several hours later which gave me an even larger sense of fulfillment. ~ Photography rocks!!!






Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Nice monochrome treatment, it looks like you have a head start on the rest of us on our "Strangers" project. :)

--Warren

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 11:36:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Warren - is that our next project? Because I am about to bust wide open on that one. I am literally going to walk the beach and force myself to get as many photos of strangers that I can. I have been too nervous to ask and have terrible results now I am feeling supercharged with some new skills as if I just opened my camera for the first time. Very Exciting!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 4:47:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Carl, I was thinking of making the "Strangers Project" an ongoing project for our blog (instead of just one month). Not everyone will want to participate, and that's perfectly fine. I was hoping to have some discussion between the folks are interested in trying it so that we can write down some general guidelines for the FPCF version of a 'Strangers' project.

--Warren

Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 8:07:00 AM PDT  
Blogger dan in marin said...

I like you use of the the toned image, makes for a more mysterious affect. The contrast with the high rise in the back is very effective Carl

Dan

Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 4:33:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment