Thursday, February 07, 2013

Grebes in Love (Spring is Almost Here!)


Lumix DMC-G5, Lumix 100-300mm

Here is a picture the same two Clark's Grebes from another angle. I was standing about 20 feet to the left of Dolph. We happened to see them towards the end of their courtship dance. Like Dolph said, it was fascinating to watch them being so playful with each other. We were a little late this time, so I'm hoping to go back here to see them or another pair next time.

I found a video on Youtube that documents the dance.

Link: to Youtube video.

--Warren

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous lena said...

Indeed they are so lovely...:-)

Fantastic a video on Youtube that document they are dancing so lovely, well seen, great found, thanks for sharing, I hope I have chance to seeing it...:-)

Lena,

Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 2:09:00 PM PST  
Blogger Lea said...

I really love the ripples and colour of the water! Very sweet, and interesting dance clip haha.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 7:52:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment