Monday, August 13, 2012

Sightseeing Break

Leica M3, Leitz 50mm f2.8 Elmar, Kodak BW400CN

I was walking quickly along the waterfront at Fisherman's Wharf, snapping pictures along the way. I was rushing a bit, to meet up with Dan. I didn't know it, but Dan was at the end of this block. When I walked through this covered area, a young man noticed my M3, and said, "Wow, that's a nice, old camera!". I told him that it's a 1959 camera, and as I turned around to continue walking, I saw this scene. I was a little surprised at how many people noticed and appreciated my old M3 that day. Later that day, we had dinner with a friend, and his brother, an electron microscope maintenance and repair expert REALLY appreciated being able to see and try the M3 in-person.

--Warren

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment