Saturday, May 12, 2012

New Lens, Day One, 14mm f2.5

Lumix DMC-GF1, Lumix 14mm f2.5

I recently acquired a new lens. It's the Lumix 14mm f2.5. It is really tiny. On my G1, it looks like a body cap. :P

"Coffee Dog", his owner is a regular at Blue Bottle Coffee, and so is this dog. He knows that he gets a doggy treat whenever he visits.


"Two Trees", one is part of the rotating artwork at Patricia's Green, and the other is a real tree.


"Peace Pagoda, backlit"


Peace Plaza, notice the birds in flight in the background :).


Peace Pagoda, another view.


I, of course, go for the straight portrait of Gail.


And Gail goes for the artsy, alternate angles.



"Red Roof", on a MUNI bus shelter.


Some things that I saw while walking up Fillmore Street after dinner...

"A Happy Couple"


"Diner Window"


"Three Balloons"


"I Want Some Yogurt Too"


Me, abstracted in a parking meter reflection.


Just practicing my car photography on a cool looking Bimmer.



--Warren

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Joe, I thought you were happy with your dslr kit? I saw your ad on RFF. What are you switching to?

--WT

Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 12:45:00 PM PDT  
Blogger dan in marin said...

Looks like you will be having some streetscape fun with this keeper

Dan

Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 9:23:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Anyone have any favorites in this set? :)

I did to some informal pixel peeping comparison between the 14-45mm and the 14mm, and I can say that the 14-45mm at 14mm is very, very close to the IQ of the 14mm prime with the prime having a slight edge in sharpness.

Of course, the advantage is the compactness of the pancake 14mm making the camera with lens a much smaller and lighter package.

--WT

Monday, May 14, 2012 at 11:43:00 AM PDT  
Blogger dan in marin said...

I think your abstract and the balloon are my favorites. Did you have to handle any major CA in LR. Otherwise for at 28mm it seems to handle high contrast scenes very well.

Dan

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 10:00:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

That's a good question re: CA. For all I know, the lens might have horrendous CA, but I would never know because the camera's firmware automatically corrects for CA and distortion and then produces a corrected RAW file. This is only when using a Lumix lens on a Lumix body. Olympus bodies will correct Lumix lenses for distortion but not for CA.

So, I did not have to do do any CA correction in this series.

--Warren

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 10:28:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment