Saturday, November 26, 2011

Occupy Seattle

I have been photographing the Seattle Occupiers since Oct 12th on a non-scheduled basis and here are some of my photos to date.

I often play with photos, as in post-process, but with these I have decided to keep it to straight-out-of-camera, or crop, or minimal sharpening/shadows adjustments. It aligns with photojournalism, to my knowledge, and I thought it would be the best way to represent this ongoing series.

The only description I'll provide is the time of day and date on which it was taken. I'd like to remain unbiased on the subject. Not sure that is ever entirely possible but if no effort is made towards it, then the story as a whole would easily slide all over the place and become uninteresting to me. It is their voices that I am trying to document.

The location is downtown Seattle, across from Westlake Center, which is near many of the major retail stores. The final two photos are on 5th Ave, a few blocks away. I came across them as I was riding the bus, they have been painted over since then.


Oct 12; 3pm
 Oct 12; 3pm
Oct 16; 12am
 Oct 16; 12am
 Oct 16; 12am
 Oct 16; 12am
 Oct 29; 4pm
 Oct 29; 4pm
 Oct 29; 4:30pm
 Oct 30; 6:45pm
 Nov 2 (monorail 5th Ave)
 Nov 2 (monorail 5th Ave)

3 Comments:

Blogger dan in marin said...

Nicely done Lea, good piece of documentary photography.

Dan

Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 5:19:00 PM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Lea, this is an excellent documentary series :). I think there are too many crazy people around the Occupy SF encampment for me to venture into there. --WT

Monday, November 28, 2011 at 9:24:00 AM PST  
Blogger Dolph Brust said...

Lea,

Nice series of pictures. It does tell a story of frustration.

**Dolph

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 4:53:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment