Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Toy House


I really loved this red door that leads to ..nowhere! The street! The fall.. The end. I keep staring at it, hoping to find a clue as to why it was this way. But still, I have no answers. And only the same question. "Why is there a door there?" Maybe they could add a slide, a fireman pole, even one of those faux balconies. Oh, but there is no doorknob too. I think. Unless this angle hides it. Maybe the owners just would like to have people ponder instead, it doesn't make sense. And that's just the way it is.

Well I certainly do keep going back to this funny photo, enjoying the colours, the textures, the questions, the possibilities. Thought I'd share it here too :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

My theory is that this building used to be the storage/supply shack for the main house. The beam above the red door looks like a support beam for a block and tackle like the ones you would find on the front of an old barn. Supplies can be hoisted directly to the 2nd level storage room. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it :).

Nice picture too :).

--Warren

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at 12:46:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

Ohhh, that's a good explanation.. of the beam. Still that door is strange! haha. And I like it.

Friday, September 23, 2011 at 10:37:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Dolph Brust said...

Lea,
I think somebody had some extra time and money and wanted to do something goofy. I always love those red doors.

**Dolph

Sunday, September 25, 2011 at 4:21:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment