Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Yosemite Under The Clouds

Panasonic DMC-G1, Lumix 45-200mm

Dan's wonderful Yosemite shots prompted me to look back on my images from last Spring (2011). I haven't had an opportunity to work on or post very many of them.

In fact, I have a very large backlog of pictures that I don't have time to post-process and/or post online.

This was one of the first shots that I took of Yosemite on this trip as we first drove into the valley after seeing Hetch Hetchy. We stop at this vista point almost every time we visit Yosemite, and of course the view is different every time, and often changes by the minute, up in the Sierra.

--Warren

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger dan in marin said...

Great cloud bank Warren, B & W really makes the scene dramatic and I believe the color version would not. Have you played with any of the older film types in the NIK SW?

Dan

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 4:08:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Thanks Dan. I have played with the film emulations a bit. I find that I might try a certain film emulation or preset, but in the end I go with whichever method produces the particular visual results that I am trying to achieve. Each image is worked in its own unique way using a combination of all the tools that I have available to me. --WT

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 4:44:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

Beautiful photo, Warren. I'm gonna have to start calling you "Ansel." ;-)

Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 7:10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Thanks Steve, and thanks for dropping by here :) --WT

Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 4:48:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dolph Brust said...

The clouds make me hear the rumbling as the storm is building. Great work with B&W. I agree that in color it doesn't have the same resuts.

Friday, July 29, 2011 at 10:22:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

What a fantastic show of clouds!! I feel like there must be an old steam engine chugging through the valleys... :D Terrific capture!

Friday, July 29, 2011 at 12:08:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment