Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Relic

Lumix DMC-GF1, Lumix 20mm f1.7

This was taken in the inner courtyard of Mission San Francisco Solano in Sonoma, CA.

The mission is part of Sonoma State Historic Park, which consists of several historic buildings near a corner of Sonoma Town Square.

The front of the mission is very well restored and preserved. We have visited a number of these California missions up and down the state, and many of them have very nicely kept courtyards, full of flower gardens. This courtyard, on the other hand, has not been restored at all, its' mostly just preserved with a bare minimum of landscaping. Standing there, I felt the age of the place, and how this place is really from a bygone era.

I tried to convey these impressions in this picture.

--Warren

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger tedm said...

Nice photo Warren. Something about the image seems "filmish" to me. I probably would have taken this shot horizontally, but I'm glad I can see your version with the lines the way they are.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 11:15:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment