Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sports Cars

Panasonic DMC-G1, Leitz 50mm f2.8 Elmar

This is post #8 for the June Project (reflections). This is a picture of the back of a classic, vintage, 1969 Fairlady 2000 (Datsun), with the reflection of a modern, late-90's Ferrari 550 Maranello exotic sports car.

I attended the annual Palo Alto Concours (car show) last Sunday. It was HOT there, as usual. I had the Leitz Elmar mounted on the G1 when I first got there, but after two shots (this is one of them), I decided that there was not enough room to work that focal length at the event, so I swapped it out for the Lumix 20mm f1.8 for the rest of the day.

--Warren

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Is everyone okay with "Environmental Portrait" for our July project? Or should we just say: Portraits (of any kind)? Any other ideas?

Thanks,

WT

Thursday, July 1, 2010 at 2:40:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

hello, I thought about it some more, and decided that if we do portraits, it should be just "Portraits", no need to restrict it to environmental only. Or does anyone have another suggestion?

--WT

Friday, July 2, 2010 at 7:09:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

I'm good with portraits :-)

Nice shot of that datsun sports car. I remember my first car was a second-hand '71 Datsun 510 Wagon. When I found out the also made this little sporty thing, I lusted after it - but never got one.

Friday, July 2, 2010 at 7:58:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment