Monday, June 21, 2010

Street Artist

Nikon D100, Nikkor 50mm f1.8D

For about three months, my D100 sat idle as I concentrated on getting to know the Lumix G1. Yesterday, I took the D100 out with us on our usual City walk/photo excursion. The North Beach Fair was on, and there was a section of a street that was roped off for the street artists to do their work.

I like to work with prime lenses, and yesterday I chose to use the Nikkor 50mm f1.8D exclusively.

Maybe it's because I've had the D100 for so long, but even though it had been three months since I last used it, the camera was instantly familiar, like meeting an old friend :).

A lot of people on the camera forums have written off the D100 as hopelessly obsolete, but at least for me, that is simply not true. :)

--Warren

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dolph Brust said...

Reminds me of my posting several months ago where one of the beach cities in florida was having a contest for street painting. Looks very similar.

You have included the artist in the composition where I shot around the person. I like the addition of the human part of the picture.

**Dolph

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 at 5:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger dan in marin said...

Warren, you know a version of this was also in the Chron. this past Monday. Check it out. You should get royalties.

Dan

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 6:20:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment