Sunday, May 16, 2010

National Felt Company


S8000

One evening I was driving through some of the old manufacturing plants in Holyoke Mass.  I found one of the plants for National Felt Company.  What made this so interesting where these very green metal covers over where the windows should have been.  If you look closely you can also see that the building was constructed in three phases.  The first floor has one set of bricks, a second phase for the next three floors, and then the last phase was one additional floor.

If you can't tell building are very interesting to me.

**Dolph

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

I love it, Dolph!

Wonderful example of repeating pattern.

Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 5:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Interesting picture, Dolph.

The different shades of green in the windows reminds me a painter's color samples/swatches.

--WT

Monday, May 17, 2010 at 9:52:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Eric said...

Dolph, great shot. I really like this. The pattern that the windows make and the texture of the bricks make for a great image.

Monday, May 17, 2010 at 9:26:00 PM PDT  
Blogger dan in marin said...

I too am a big fan of architectural images. I believe it is a way to capture the flavor of the city or site. Nice image Dolph with a great combination of color, shapes and lighting.

Dan

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 10:05:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment