Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mountain Goat

I was hiking with friends last weekend (headed into the mountains to escape the pouring rains..) and we saw mountain goats! None of us had ever seen one before and it was really spectacular....

And actually, we saw two! (They're two different goats in the photos.) The first one walked by us twice, just calmly walked right by us. The second was a bit more jumpy but still curious about us.

Their horns were a little intimidating but I was quite surprised how calm I felt around them.

Gorgeous animals anyhow.. :) I took these pics with an iPhone and I think they turned out pretty decent for a phone!

4 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

That's a pretty cool wildlife encounter :)

the pics from the iPhone came out very nice too!

--Warren

Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 10:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dolph Brust said...

Lea,

What a great experience. You reminded me of the time I had just driven up the back side of Yosemite through Tioga Pass, we were the last car before it closed. My wife and I had just stopped and were having lunch when a pack of wolfs walked pass the car. Like you, we were very excited, with my wife telling me to get out of the car and take a picture. They looked at us sitting in the car and just kept on walking.

Great pictures and a great experience.

**Dolph


To the Group....How about a group three day venture to Tuolumne Meadows in Yosemite?

Friday, May 28, 2010 at 7:59:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

Thanks Warren!

Dolph, you saw a pack of wolves!!! WHATTT. How awesome.... And scary!! I've only seen captive wolves and they freak me out. They are such characters and I love seeing them too (but in the wild is always more amazing for plant and animal sightings).

Sunday, May 30, 2010 at 6:35:00 AM PDT  
Blogger dan in marin said...

Lea, I know people that have hiked and climbed increadile mountains to get a glimpse of these guys. What a great experience.

Dan

Sunday, May 30, 2010 at 10:13:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment