Friday, April 23, 2010

A Bridge in Yosemite

Panasonic DMC-G1, Nikkor 85mm f2.0

We went to Yosemite last weekend for a few days. The weather was perfect. I had an opportunity to practice a bit more with the G1. I'm beginning to know the camera better now, but I still have a way to go before knowing it completely. For this trip, I brought 3 lenses, 2 were native M4/3 lenses (Lumix 20mm and Lumix 14-45mm), and the 3rd was my Nikkor 85mm f2.0 to give me something on the telephoto end (170mm equivalent).

This is one of my shots taken with the 85mm. I'm also beginning to get more comfortable with using adapted lenses on the G1. The operating procedure is: 1) open to full aperture for optimum focusing 2) press the buttons that bring up the magnified live view for focusing (if necessary) 3) set focus 4) choose preferred aperture (if necessary) 5) compose and shoot. It sounds cumbersome, but with practice, this routine becomes second nature, and can go fairly quickly. The silky smooth focusing ring action on my 85mm Nikkor is a joy to use, and these M4/3 camera bodies give new life to all vintage lenses from any manufacturer, as many photographers have already discovered.

I would be interested to know what feelings or emotions this image evokes from you. It's okay if it doesn't evoke anything, and you can tell me that too :).

By the way, April is almost over, and nobody else (besides myself) has posted anything related to our April Project. For those of you who promised to participate, I hope you've been busily shooting for the project :). It's also time to talk about the May Project too. Any suggestions? As I said at the end of last month, we can also give it a rest for a while too, to put less pressure on ourselves :).

--Warren


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted M said...

Hi Warren, the bridge looks very sharp and symmetrical. The forest behind reminds me of a scene from the Twilight series. It's an interesting shot.

Friday, April 23, 2010 at 10:27:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

ZOOOOM. We're all getting sucked into another dimension if we cross that bridge!

I think you could crop it further to have even more "zoom". I like the textures and even the cool colors surrounding the bridge, which is without a doubt the center of attention :)

Yes I am on board the April Project train now too! I'm pretty sure I was one of the promisers. lol.

As for Mayyyyyy... how about shadows. Indoors. Outdoors. Under the door. Wherever you find them. Just one photo per entry. Yeah? No?

Thursday, April 29, 2010 at 9:00:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment