Sunday, November 22, 2009

Class Assignment - Self Portrait

Held a flashlight in my feet to get some fill light. Hard to gauge when shoot with film.


Adjusted the tone in Light Room to add some green.

























This was a difficult assignment, since I had never really done self-portraits and for that matter have limited experience doing portraits. My teacher wanted us to emphasize different types of light.







My silver gelatin print does not have the post process vignetting or the slight blue tone that I added in the scanned file.
All in all taking pictures of yourself is a little humbling.


Dan

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

These are superb, Dan! You should get an "A", in my opinion! ;-)

Monday, November 23, 2009 at 4:58:00 AM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Dan, I LOVE these pictures!!!

Very creative and innovative.

--Warren

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 2:58:00 PM PST  
Blogger dan in marin said...

Thanx for the kind words guys.

Dan

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 6:21:00 PM PST  
Blogger Eric said...

I love the silver gelatin print. That's a total winner!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 12:19:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment