Sunday, October 25, 2009

Diego Rivera Gallery - SF Art Institute

Canon SD300

The sun shining through the round window reminded me of the Oculus of the Pantheon in Rome. Here Dolph paused to look at the wall behind me which contained a huge Diego Rivera mural.

It was a great day for photography. We started out early in the morning and walked all over the waterfront, North Beach, Telegraph Hill, and Chinatown. Dan joined us in the morning and the three of us had lunch at Ghirardelli Square.

I decided to shoot with the Leica M3/50mm f2.8 and I ended up shooting two, 36-exp rolls of Fuji Superia. You won't see those pictures until I have a chance to process them. However, I also brought along the Canon SD300 for a few digital shots.

--Warren

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

As it turned out, the sun reflecting off the wall was just enough to illuminate Dolph perfectly. I was composing the picture to show the Pantheon-like appearance of the room when I noticed an opportunity to include Dolph in the shot. He happened to pause at the perfect spot.

--WT

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 8:16:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

I love this one! Great the way you used the window, the spotlight effect it made, and the light from it with Dolf. The scale is very cool!

BTW, the Pantheon in Rome is one of my very favorite places. Let's do an FPCF field-trip there!! ;-)

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 10:45:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment