Monday, June 22, 2009

Boom Lift Convention


Nikon D100, Tamron 24-135mm

This was too bizarre a sight to pass up. I was driving through the Presidio on my way to the Marin Headlands to take some pictures when I saw this bunch of boom lifts parked in a lot on the side of the road. I had to stop to take some pictures of it. It's not something you normally see in the Presidio.

On a side note, does anyone know of a good sensor cleaning kit and/or a local shop who can help me clean my D100's sensor? I think mine is extremely dirty, and it's beginning to compromise my images.

--Warren

5 Comments:

Blogger dan in marin said...

Warren, I like the mechanical storks

Try this link for a sensor cleaning kit. Simple, local company and cheap. Be sure to use the pec pads, I also use the product for my lenses

http://www.copperhillimages.com/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=3

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 5:51:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Ted M said...

Hi Warren, I have a kit from micro-tools.com but so far have been lucky enough to just get everything off with the included Rocket blower in their kit, and haven't needed the pads and eclipse fluids.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 6:43:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Thanks for the info. I have never had the sensor cleaned since I bought the D100 new many years ago. I've been getting by with using a blower. Actually, I bought a Rocket blower for this purpose recently. I think I'll try it again to see if it still helps, but now I have a couple of sources for the swabs if necessary.

--WT

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 8:20:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

makes me think of those robot wars shows... like they're about to battle it out and bust each other up!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 6:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Eric said...

I really like these photos. Great composition and it's just a neat shot. Coming across that must've been a nice surprise.

Saturday, June 27, 2009 at 10:48:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment