Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bridal Candid

Nikon D100, Nikkor 300mm f4.5 

We just stepped out of the car when we noticed a bridal party out at Crissy Field getting some outdoor pictures taken. The bride and groom were standing on top of a small grassy area and as I looked for a photo opportunity at this scene without being too obstrusive, I decided to switch from my 28mm to the 300mm. I quickly swapped lenses on the D100, took one or two shots to gauge exposure. I didn't have time to waste by tinkering with the exposure. This would have to do because they weren't going to stand there much longer. 

I managed to get two candid pictures of the bride and this one had the best expression and pose. The lighting was a little difficult, but I chose to expose for skin tone and I let the wedding dress and other highlights get blown out. I think it still worked okay. What do you think?

--Warren

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

very nice compostion, great expression, and even nice "bokeh" ;-)

I would say that she'd love this shot!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 5:02:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Thanks for the comment, Steve.

--WT

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 12:27:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment