Saturday, December 06, 2008

Testing a Nikkor 200mm f4 Micro (Macro)

Nikon D100, Nikkor 200mm f4 Micro

I never had the pleasure of using such a lens, until now. This is another of the recent acquisitions. A kind acquaintance knew that I was into film Nikons and GAVE (!!!) me his old gear! I am very grateful, and as always, I try to actually use any gear that gets donated my way.

The good camera karma keeps on rolling! In this latest installment, I got:

Nikon F2 Photomic (I have 3 F2 bodies now!)
Nikkor-S 50mm f1.4 non-ai (I had one of these and foolishly sold it many years ago)
Nikkor 55mm f3.5 Micro with extension tube, non-ai (I had one of these and foolishly sold it many years ago to Martin, now it's come back to me.)
Nikkor 200mm f4 Micro ai'd
Nikkor-H 300mm f4.5 ai'd (I never could justify buying this because it would just be an occasional use lens)
Nikkor-Q 135mm f2.8 non-ai, the aperture mechanism on the lens if broken. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.
Sunpak Automatic Flash

These two test shots were taken handheld, with the D100 on a monopod.

Subdial of a MIG Cockpit clock:



A gold tree ornament:



--Warren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment