Thursday, June 19, 2008

Out Biking

Hey, everyone! I have been rather absent from here recently... Been training for a marathon and a couple bike trips that are coming up. Nothing too serious... just fun fitness!

Last Saturday there was a biking event called Flying Wheels here in Redmond, WA. There was about 3000 riders in distances ranging from 25 - 100 miles. Tyler and I decided to do the 50 miles. There were quite a few hills and some beautiful scenery!

I, of course, had my trusty little Canon PowerShot SD750 with me in a little pouch for easy shooting access! lol... Had a couple funny comments on the camera while we were out, as many riders were a bit more serious about the whole event, working their butts off to make good time.

However, with those climbs, you couldn't NOT work your butt off... I just... did it a lot slower than most other people! Either or, it was a lot of fun and I'd surely do again the same.

4 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

This is the season to do it!

That sure is beautiful country up there!

--WT

Thursday, June 19, 2008 at 6:27:00 PM PDT  
Blogger tedm said...

Lea,

I like this photo. I like how the horizon is, or appears to be, tilted, but the fence at the bottom is straight. I've been trying to frame many of my photos where an object lines up with one of the four edges, even if slightly tilting something else. I think it works well here.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 at 10:38:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

Thanks for the comments :)
I never even noticed that the horizon is crooked! It just overall drew me in as a photo.. When biking and shooting, I often credit luck for composition. It's easy to accidentally tilt or turn the camera one way too far, so it's a guessing game a little bit.. perhaps somewhat similar to action shots. Thanks for pointing that out though! I'll keep an eye out for it in the future :)

Friday, June 20, 2008 at 12:58:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Eric said...

Good to hear from you, Lea. I like this shot.I like the way the mountain fades into the background. A little mystical, ya know? I also like the composition, too. It gives me a wide open feel. Never been to Redmond, WA. Fun stuff!

Friday, June 20, 2008 at 7:48:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment